The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- 10 – 15 years overall B2C brand marketing experience in the strategy, design and execution of product marketing, marketing communications and PR initiatives.
- Quick question for you - click here
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing and mentoring a marketing team (Product Development, Marketing Communications, Trade Shows, Social Media and SEM)
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to recruit, train, appraise, supervise and mentor B2C marketing teams.
- Proven B2C product brand marketing experience required; Product marketing strategy development, go to market/product launch strategies, messaging, value propositions for premium brands
- Solid B2C Channel Marketing experience; Strategy execution, managing internal marketing resources, product development, consumer education.
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar annual marketing budgets.
- Demonstrated success in either the building supply or contractor industry.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Agile and strong analytical mindset and the ability to manipulate and interpret data.
- The ability to find success in a team environment and work cross functionally including; Senior leadership, sales, manufacturing, builders, architects, contractors and others.
- Persuasive and confident leadership skills.
- Strong change management skills.
- A commitment towards learning, continuous improvement and obtaining up-to-date industry knowledge.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or public relations preferred.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen.
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, as the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all Boral Roofing’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities--both external and internal.
You will direct the efforts of six marketing and communications staff members and coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions including Sales, IT, Finance and others.
This is a role with several complexities and a variety of moving parts and key contacts. For example, the roofing division encompasses multiple product lines, and we’re also in the process of integrating several different companies following our acquisition. In addition to our legacy products of clay and concretes components, the expanded portfolio will include several new metal and composite companies under the Boral Roofing umbrella. You’ll work with a variety of Sales Directors across the company to develop unique strategies, promotions and distribution channels for each product line. Many of our products have the opportunity for increased consumer awareness, and we will look to you to drive that brand strategy.
You can also expect to be very involved in product management during the first 18 months or so as you oversee various initiatives for product development and samples.
More specifically, your essential responsibilities will be to:
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Manage all marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of the organization is desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the company, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external. Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- Be responsible for all social media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Take ownership of planning and budgeting.
- Be responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives.
Why Boral RoofingProfessional development
Although you'll come in the door with strong Marketing chops, we think you'll have the chance to expand your skill set and take your career to the next level. Not only will you gain exposure to a variety of functional areas, product lines and business units, you'll also touch all aspects of marketing--including PR, product management, communications and so much more.
In addition to a competitive salary (including bonus potential), we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match.
Pride in product
Roof tiles, when used as part of our Cool Roof System, can help reduce attic temperature by as much as 45°. Our Cool Roof System has been featured in Florida Roofing Magazine, Texas Builder Magazine, Western Roofing and other industry publications.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you're looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you've found it! We value collaboration, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity.
Pictured: Boral Concrete Roof Tiles are affordable, energy efficient and come in slate, shake, Spanish mission and many other styles.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be an organized and detail-oriented leader who can help us to identify priorities and take action. As we’ve already mentioned, this is an exciting time to join our team following our major acquisition earlier this year. While we continue to integrate and blend companies and ensure synergies, we will look to you to help us prioritize marketing activities and make an action plan for moving forward. Our products have very different positioning and opportunities, and it will be your job to determine the appropriate marketing course of action for each line.
Some of your key success factors will be to:
- Clearly define marketing strategies and combine and integrate the different marketing departments.
- Help make sure that Boral Roofing’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel.
- Quantify and benchmark your success.