The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Your own set of basic mechanic tools.
- The ability to:
- Use hand and power tools, welding equipment, drill presses, and other related industrial repair equipment.
- Observe, identify and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, including detecting excessive wear and breakage.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, equipment manuals, and company manuals and procedures.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude to include disassembling and reassembling equipment with minimal supervision.
- Safety driven mindset, including housekeeping after the job.
- Math skills and computer skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to read, speak and write English.
- The ability to learn quickly and work under minimal supervision.
- Post-high-school technical training, or equivalent experience.
- Professional certification, such as Certified Maintenance Technician.
- Welding and fabrication experience.
- Industrial electrical skills.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
The RoleReporting to the Plant Manager, you will join a team that includes nine other Maintenance Mechanics. The team supports the production of concrete roof tiles, maintaining and repairing a wide variety of material handling equipment. To give you a sampling, we have belt and poly conveyors, agitators and mixers, elevator racks and more. If you have the background we're looking for, you're familiar with the kinds of parts involved, such as bearings, valves, motors and chain drives, pulleys, metal tooling for bits, and others.
You will repair and maintain the assigned machinery and mechanical equipment, ensuring at all times that company safety rules are followed. More specifically, you will:
- Perform preventive maintenance operations on machinery according to schedules.
- Install, rebuild and repair a wide variety of machines as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Service and maintain a limited range of building and production equipment following procedures.
- Analyze, detect, and determine the nature of problems and provide input as to the extent of the repairs required. Troubleshoot and select materials needed for the repairs.
- Notify the Maintenance Manager of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective actions taken.
- Assemble, replace or refit parts as warranted.
- Assist with building repairs.
- Replace and refit parts.
- Instruct and provide technical assistance to lower level mechanics as required.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures among the maintenance mechanics at all times.
- Handle all other duties as requested or assigned.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
We know you will bring industrial experience, but we also believe you will gain exposure to new equipment, such as curing chambers or depalleters. Prove yourself in this role and you may set your sights on a team lead role. Beyond that are multiple potential opportunities around the U.S.
In addition to a competitive wage (including overtime) we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match.
Pride in product
Roof tiles, when used as part of our Cool Roof System, can help reduce attic temperature by as much as 45°. Our Cool Roof System has been featured in Florida Roofing Magazine, Texas Builder Magazine, Western Roofing and other industry publications.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you're looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you've found it! We value collaboration, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity.
Pictured: Boral Concrete Roof Tiles are affordable, energy efficient and come in slate, shake, Spanish mission and many other styles.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will:
- Place the utmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability, from performing quality work to posting regular attendance.
- Bring strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.