The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Industrial Electrician opportunity, you will have:
- An associate's degree and/or journeyman level (preferred), or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years related experience working in an industrial manufacturing facility, and familiarity with 110, 220 and up to 480V applications.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment and determining the safest way to optimize equipment efficiency.
- The ability to run conduit and electrically terminate wiring in industrial equipment, interpret input output modules, and operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Experience with NFPA 70E in an industrial application. Safety minded at all times.
- The ability to read and interpret diagrams, schematics, and motor controls.
- Current knowledge of applicable codes.
- Some familiarity with PLC troubleshooting.
- Your own set of basic electrician tools.
- Good communication skills and the ability to read, speak and write English.
- The ability to learn quickly and work under minimal supervision.
- Experience with arc flash safety.
- Industrial mechanical skills.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
The RoleReporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will join a team that includes two other electricians, one of whom specializes in PLCs. The team supports the production of concrete roof tiles, maintaining and repairing a wide variety of material handling equipment. To give you a sampling, we have belt and poly conveyors, agitators and mixers, elevator racks and more.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLCs while ensuring all company safety rules and policies are followed. More specifically, you will:
- Maintain and repair all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshoot PLCs by utilizing ladder diagrams and schematics.
- Analyze, detect and determine the nature of a problem and the extent of repairs required.
- Select material and prepare reporting documentation.
- Dismantle, rebuild, rewire, and assemble parts necessary to maintain optimal performance of equipment and high-quality product.
- Notify manager of reoccurring malfunctions, corrective actions taken and root cause of problems or supplies needed for improvement.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures at all times and operate a wide variety of manufacturing tools.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
We know you will bring industrial experience, but we also believe you will gain exposure to new equipment, such as curing chambers or depalleters. Prove yourself in this role and you may set your sights on advancement opportunities here in Okeechobee or in multiple Boral Roofing locations across the U.S.
In addition to a competitive wage (including overtime) we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match.
Pride in product
Roof tiles, when used as part of our Cool Roof System, can help reduce attic temperature by as much as 45°. Our Cool Roof System has been featured in Florida Roofing Magazine, Texas Builder Magazine, Western Roofing and other industry publications.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you're looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you've found it! We value collaboration, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity.
Pictured: Boral Concrete Roof Tiles are affordable, energy efficient and come in slate, shake, Spanish mission and many other styles.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will:
- Place the utmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability, from performing quality work to posting regular attendance.
- Bring strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.