The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a strong mechanic with top-notch electrical abilities and skill with mechanical maintenance and repairs. S/he will have experience troubleshooting a variety of equipment and determining the safest way to optimize equipment efficiency.
To be a good fit for the role of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; an associate's degree or equivalent training and experience preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant maintenance experience, including a minimum of 2-3+ years in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Strong electrical skills including:
- Familiarity with 110, 220 and up to 480V applications, and 3 phase motor systems.
- Ability to run conduit and electrically terminate wiring in industrial equipment.
- Ability to interpret input output modules, and operate related tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Your own set of basic electrician and mechanic tools.
- Welding and fabrication experience.
- The ability to read and interpret diagrams, schematics, and motor controls.
- Current knowledge of applicable codes.
- Basic PLC skills.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude to include disassembling and reassembling equipment with minimal supervision.
- An unwavering commitment to safety.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Good communication and documentations skills; the ability to read, speak and write English.
- The ability to learn quickly and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- C10 certification, Certified Maintenance Technician or other professional designation preferred.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen.
The RoleReporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will join a team that includes eight other maintenance mechanics covering the plant 24/7/365. You will work with one other mechanic -- occasionally two -- on each of your shifts. The team supports the production of concrete roof tiles, maintaining and repairing a wide variety of material handling equipment. To give you a sampling, we have belt and poly conveyors, agitators and mixers, elevator racks and more.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all existing electrical equipment in production areas, and troubleshooting PLCs while ensuring all company safety rules and policies are followed. More specifically, your electrical duties will include:
- Maintaining and repairing all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLCs by utilizing ladder diagrams and schematics.
- Analyzing, detecting and determining the nature of a problem and the extent of repairs required.
- Selecting material and preparing reporting documentation.
- Dismantling, rebuilding, rewiring, and assembling parts as necessary to maintain optimal performance of equipment and high-quality product.
- Perform preventive maintenance operations on machinery according to schedules.
- Install, rebuild and repair a wide variety of machines as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Service and maintain a limited range of building and production equipment following procedures.
- Analyze, detect, and determine the nature of problems and provide input as to the extent of the repairs required. Troubleshoot and select materials needed for the repairs.
- Assemble, replace or refit parts as warranted.
- Assist with building repairs.
- Replace and refit parts.
- Complete welding and fabrication work as required.
- Notify the Maintenance Manager of reoccurring malfunctions, corrective actions taken, root causes of problems, and/or supplies needed for improvements.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Operate a wide variety of manufacturing tools.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
Pictured: Few roof products are as beautiful or enduring as Boral concrete roof tiles. Adding a roof tile is one of the easiest and most effective ways to increase the beauty and value of a home.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
We know you will bring industrial experience, but we also believe you will gain exposure to new equipment, such as curing chambers or depalleters. Prove yourself in this role and you may set your sights on advancement opportunities here in Corona or in multiple Boral Roofing locations across the U.S.
In addition to a competitive wage (including overtime) we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match.
Pride in product
Roof tiles, when used as part of our Cool Roof System, can help reduce attic temperature by as much as 45°. Our Cool Roof System has been featured in Florida Roofing Magazine, Texas Builder Magazine, Western Roofing and other industry publications.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you're looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you've found it! We value collaboration, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity.
Pictured: Boral Concrete Roof Tiles are affordable, energy efficient and come in slate, shake, Spanish mission and many other styles.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will:
- Place the utmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability, from performing quality work to posting regular attendance.
- Dedicate yourself to learning and filling any gaps in your skill-set.
- Bring strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.