The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a strong maintenance mechanic with top-notch electrical abilities and skill with mechanical maintenance and repairs. S/he will have experience troubleshooting a variety of equipment and determining the safest way to optimize equipment efficiency.
To be a good fit for the role of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; an associate's degree or equivalent training is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant maintenance experience, including a minimum of 2-3+ years in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Excellent electrical skills and experience including:
- Experience with 110, 220 and up to 480V applications, 3 phase motor systems and control boxes.
- Ability to run conduit and electrically terminate wiring in industrial equipment.
- Ability to interpret input output modules, and operate related tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to pass an electrical maintenance test.
- Experience fixing PLCs; solid knowledge of ladder logic.
- Your own set of basic electrician and mechanic tools.
- The ability to read and interpret diagrams, schematics, and motor controls.
- Current knowledge of applicable codes.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude to include disassembling and reassembling equipment with minimal supervision.
- An unwavering commitment to safety.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Good communication and documentation skills; the ability to read, speak and write English.
- The ability to learn quickly and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish highly preferred.
- Professional certifications such as C10, Certified Maintenance Technician, etc. preferred.
The RoleReporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will join a maintenance team of eight split across three shifts. You will work with at least one other maintenance mechanic on your shift, with you taking point on heavier electrical repairs and maintenance. The team supports the production of concrete roof tiles by maintaining and repairing a wide variety of equipment including presses from 15 tons to 275 tons, roll formers, breakers, punches, conveyors, agitators, mixers and more. We run 4 coating lines and ovens and are in the process of adding one more.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLCs while ensuring all company safety rules and policies are followed. More specifically, your electrical duties will include:
- Maintaining and repairing all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLCs by utilizing ladder diagrams and schematics.
- Analyzing, detecting and determining the nature of a problem and the extent of repairs required.
- Selecting material and preparing reporting documentation.
- Dismantling, rebuilding, rewiring, and assembling parts as necessary to maintain optimal performance of equipment and high-quality product.
- Perform preventive maintenance operations on machinery according to schedules.
- Install, rebuild and repair a wide variety of machines as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Service and maintain a limited range of building and production equipment following procedures.
- Analyze, detect, and determine the nature of problems and provide input as to the extent of the repairs required. Troubleshoot and select materials needed for the repairs.
- Assemble, replace or refit parts as warranted.
- Assist with building repairs.
- Replace and refit parts.
- Complete welding and fabrication work as required.
- Notify the Maintenance Manager of reoccurring malfunctions, corrective actions taken, root causes of problems, and/or supplies needed for improvements.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Operate a wide variety of manufacturing tools.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
Pictured: Few roof products are as beautiful or enduring as Boral concrete roof tiles. Adding a roof tile is one of the easiest and most effective ways to increase the beauty and value of a home.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
We know you will bring industrial experience, but we also believe you will gain exposure to new equipment, such as very large presses and a wide array of other machinery. Prove yourself in this role and you may set your sights on advancement opportunities here in Oceanside or in other Boral plants across North America (we have more than 1700 plants across all of our businesses).
In addition to a competitive wage (including required overtime) we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match and more.
Our first priority is our people and we always take a safety first approach. With our outstanding safety record, you can be sure that through our policies, procedures and culture of safety, we're always looking out for your best interests.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you're looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you've found it! We value collaboration, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity.
Pictured: Boral Concrete Roof Tiles are affordable, energy efficient and come in slate, shake, Spanish mission and many other styles.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will:
- Place the utmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability, from performing quality work to posting regular attendance.
- Dedicate yourself to learning and filling any gaps in your skill-set.
- Bring strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Achieve goals independently but also contribute as a team player.
- Manage priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.