The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Presses opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. An associate's degree or trade training is a plus.
- 3-5+ years of related experience and proven success in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Press operation and tooling experience with the ability to tear down tooling and rebuild; ability to take dies apart and rebuild. If you have tooling and die experience -- even if you don't meet all the other requirements -- we want to talk to you. Experience on 200-ton presses or above is strongly preferred.
- Strong electrical skills.
- Your own set of basic mechanic tools.
- The ability to:
- Use hand and power tools, welding equipment, drill presses, and other related industrial repair equipment.
- Observe, identify and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, including detecting excessive wear and breakage.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, equipment manuals, and company manuals and procedures.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude to include disassembling and reassembling equipment with minimal supervision.
- Safety driven mindset, including housekeeping after the job.
- Math skills and computer skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to read, speak and write English.
- The ability to learn quickly and work under minimal supervision.
- Post-high-school technical training, or equivalent experience.
- Professional certification, such as Certified Maintenance Technician.
- Welding and fabrication experience.
- Industrial electrical skills.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish highly preferred.
We also have a graveyard shift role available, so feel free to share this advertisement with your network of skilled maintenance mechanics. Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen.
The RoleReporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will join a maintenance team of eight split across three shifts. You will work with at least one other maintenance mechanic on your shift, with you taking point on press repairs and maintenance. The team supports the production of concrete roof tiles by maintaining and repairing a wide variety of equipment including presses from 15 tons to 275 tons, roll formers, breakers, punches, conveyors, agitators, mixers and more. We run 4 coating lines and ovens and are in the process of adding one more.
You will repair and maintain the assigned machinery and mechanical equipment, ensuring at all times that company safety rules are followed. More specifically, you will:
- Perform preventive maintenance operations on machinery according to schedules, with specific attention to our presses.
- Install, rebuild and repair a wide variety of machines as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Service and maintain a range of building and production equipment following procedures.
- Analyze, detect, and determine the nature of problems and provide input as to the extent of the repairs required. Troubleshoot and select materials needed for the repairs.
- Notify the Maintenance Manager of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective actions taken.
- Assemble, replace or refit parts as warranted.
- Assist with building repairs.
- Replace and refit parts.
- Instruct and provide technical assistance to lower level mechanics as required.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures among the maintenance mechanics at all times.
- Maintain and repair all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLCs by utilizing ladder diagrams and schematics.
- Dismantle, rebuild, rewire, and assemble parts as necessary to maintain optimal performance of equipment and high-quality product.
- Complete welding and fabrication work as required.
- Notify the Maintenance Manager of reoccurring malfunctions, corrective actions taken, root causes of problems, and/or supplies needed for improvements.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Operate a wide variety of manufacturing tools.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
Pictured: Few roof products are as beautiful or enduring as Boral concrete roof tiles. Adding a roof tile is one of the easiest and most effective ways to increase the beauty and value of a home.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
We know you will bring industrial experience, but we also believe you will gain exposure to new equipment, such as very large presses and a wide array of other machinery. Prove yourself in this role and you may set your sights on advancement opportunities here in Oceanside (we have three levels of mechanics) or in other Boral plants across North America (we have more than 1700 plants across all of our businesses in North America).
In addition to a competitive wage (including required overtime) we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match and more.
Our first priority is our people and we always take a safety first approach. With our outstanding safety record, you can be sure that through our policies, procedures and culture of safety, we're always looking out for your best interests.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you're looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you've found it! We value collaboration, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity.
Pictured: Boral Concrete Roof Tiles are affordable, energy efficient and come in slate, shake, Spanish mission and many other styles.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role of Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will:
- Place the utmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability, from performing quality work to posting regular attendance.
- Dedicate yourself to learning and filling any gaps in your skill-set.
- Bring strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Achieve goals independently but also contribute as a team player.
- Manage priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.